Embrace the Journey
For a third year in row, we are returning to the stunning Richmond Olympic Oval! Thanks to the space this venue allows us, we can welcome over 1200 athletes to this exciting event, with many "extras" added to make this event special and memorable.
Our event theme is "Embrace the Journey" as we recognize the amount of hard work and dedication that takes to excel in the sport of gymnastics. Gymnastics teaches that we must embrace the good and bad days, the easy and hard moments, the successes and the failures, the friendships and the rivalries, the fun and difficult experiences. It represents a journey in terms of age, growth, skill development, and ultimately a desire to live an active and healthy lifestyle.
Our goal hosting the Delta Invitational and Cash & Carry Cup, is to expose our youth to a wide range of opportunities, skills and abilities that are accessible through the sport of gymnastics.
We thank our many organizers, sponsors, suppliers and spectators for your participation and support and we hope you will have a wonderful experience over this 3 day celebration.
Hope to see you from May 4 to 6, 2018 at the Oval!
The Cash & Carry Cup
Our Cash & Carry Cup honours high level athletes that want to spice up their gymnastics experience by adding elements of fun, camaraderie, sportsmanship and yes…. CASH! We are proud to offer $10,000 in cash prizes towards training expenses. The unique format of this Cup judges not the difficulty of the skills but their execution leveling the playing field for athletes.
The Delta Invitational has limited spaces, but the Cash & Carry Cup still has space. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further.
Parking & Drop off Zone
We strongly recommend carpooling as parking is limited at certain times of the day.
- Richmond Olympic Oval (see parking maps next page). There are limited parking stalls (shared with other user groups) for $1/hour up to $10/per day.
- Drop Off Zone: During our high traffic times we will provide a Drop Off area as you enter the Oval Parkade and will supervise your athlete up to the competition floor to allow time for parents to find parking.
- On Saturday and Sunday ONLY – there will be free parking at the City Works Yard parking lot (5599 Linus Lane). Times are Saturday from 8:00 a.m. -8:00 p.m. and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A shuttle service will be offered to and from the Oval.
- Westpark Pay parking has 40 parking stalls available for $1/hour or $6 for the day and it is open from 6:00 a.m. to midnight.
- Impark Parking (located at the corner of Gilbert Road and Westminster Hwy
- #200 Richmond Health Sciences: 125 stalls for $3 for 1.5 hours, $6 for 3 hours, $9 for 4.5 hours and $12 for 6 hours.
- #636 Prospera (on Sunday only) 40-50 stalls for $2.50/hour or $12 for the day and it is open from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
There is limited free parking on the street on River Road (from UBC Boathouse to Cambie) and some additional sections (marked in green on the map below).
Parking at the host hotel is $10/day (for registered hotel guests only).
The following vendors will be at the event for the weekend:
- Icy Activewear– jewelry, bottles, mugs, bags, hoodies, sweatpants with gymnastics themed images
- GymGear – a great variety of bodysuits
- SweetLegs – very soft and versatile leggings with prints designed in Lake Country BC and exclusive to SweetLegs. Sizes to accommodate 24 months to size 22.
- Casual Chic Couture - presents a mobile pop up shop that carries comfortable and chic clothing most of which is 100% Canadian made
- Shaw Cable – will promote High speed internet and BlueSky TV services
- Kids Physio –will be talking about how to stay healthy, answering questions and doing short screenings. They will also be having a draw for a gift certificate.
Other Event Activities
This year we will have other activities at the event:
- Photo Booth – Take your own pictures and dress up at our fun, ocean-themed photo booth
- Spin the Wheel – Play for a chance to win fun items – scrunchies, teddies, cookies and other fun items. Cost is $2 per spin
- Georgia Strait Alliance – on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. visit their booth to learn about the marine environment and how we can be better stewards
- Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue – on Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. visit their booth to learn about the work these volunteers do to keep our waterways safe
- Rock Climbing - $5 fee payable at the lobby of the Oval. Requires parent/guardian supervision at all times. Open from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. each day.
- ROX – Richmond Olympic Experience interactive sports museum at the Oval.
For events and activities in Richmond, check out visitrichmondbc.com
Delta Invitational is a sustainable event
The Delta Invitational is committed to fostering positive environmental, social, and economic impacts for current and future generations within the local community.
As part of our sustainable event practices we are focusing on the following areas:
Make Smart Water Choices
Reduce Waste and Recycle
Promote Public and Clean Transportation
WorK pLAN, Schedule & Oval Map
We are in desperate need of Volunteers right now! Please sign up for one of the positions listed in the links below
During the event, scores may be accessed at
ROOMS ARE ALL BOOKED!
Call to inquire about
Toll Free: 1-800-663-2878
Route from the Hotel to the Oval:
Food at Venue
Snacks and Popcorn at the Competition Site: Popcorn and light snacks available
Olympic Oval: O-Café located at the Parking level, open 7am-10pm.
Other: There are a variety of smaller coffee shops and restaurants in complexes surrounding the performance venue. It is also only a 7-10 minute walk to Richmond Centre Mall which has a full service food-court and a variety of restaurants.
Transportation from airport
We encourage those to skytrain to the event as it is a fairly easy route.
Delta Invitational has limited spaces left. To inquire further, please email email@example.com
@ us on social media!
We'd love to hear your comments on the event or see any pictures you take!
Official event hashtag: #deltainvitational
Contact: Kristina Sharp/