Coaches in Training 14+ yrs
COACHES IN TRAINING: 14 yrs and up
Interested in a career as a gymnastics coach? Want to improve your leadership skills? DGS offers the Canadian Gymnastics Federation’s Coach in Training Program. You’ll learn about the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle and gymnastics as a fundamental movement sport. You’ll study the ABCs of physical literacy, and gain hands-on coaching experience under the guidance of our most qualified coaches.
The program teaches skills through classroom discussion, gymnastics training, mentorship and apprenticeship with coaches. It consists of approximately 15 hours of theory and 30 hours of practice in all levels of our programs. At the end of the course, you’ll register at a Gymnastics BC course to take the two day course to complete your National Coach in Training Foundations (Level 1) Certification.
Who is this program for? Passionate people with good relationship-building and communication skills, who love working with children, and who want to learn how to coach and lead. It’s a great opportunity to train for a satisfying and diverse, full or part-time career.
- A high school student (14+) with a background in dance, gymnastics or a related sport
- A university student in a recreation, kinesiology or education program
- A parent or active retiree looking for a fun and rewarding part-time job
- A positive, enthusiastic person with a passion for making a difference in the lives of kids through sport
- Applicants must be 14 years old and up.
- Training sessions occur over several weeks and take place at DGS.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume, and complete a questionnaire and coach profile.
Cost: $150. The cost of this program covers the instructional time and leadership training. (additional costs for required courses)
To learn more: Please contact our Coaches in Training Coordinator.